During our homeschool hours, we have some pretty funny conversations. Jackson often replies to my history lessons with something to the effect of, "well, true, BUT...." and goes on to teach me something, often not related to the topic at hand." He has the undeniable 'gift of gab' or 'gift of blarney" that my mom always claimed was a Giblin family trait (Irish, of course). It apparently is very strong in the male descendants.
Today was a good example, but Hudson stole the show with his typical comical reasoning skills.Jackson: Are there still Romans?
Me: No, Romans described people's citizenship, not their ethnicity. There are no longer Romans, because there is no longer a Roman Government. But there are Italians, Greeks, Turks, etc. still. Just like being "American," describes citizenship to the American government, not our ethnicity. Ethnically, you are Irish, German, Greek, and a mix of others.
Jackson: Well, I am Irish.
Me: Yes, you are partly Irish.
Jackson: Well actually, I'm Thai. And since we are related, you are Thai too. Me: No, you're not Thai, you were just born in Thailand, but you don't have ethnically Thai blood.
Hudson: Well I'm a Roswell-y, because I was born in Roswell!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!