March 16, 2016

Deacon's Big Day

Deacon's First Birthday (January 9, 2016)

Well I definitely didn't win 'mom of the year' on this 1st birthday party! We had just got back from vacation in Dubai and I had the thought, "Oh yeah, it's Deacon's birthday...we should make a cake!" Thankfully I have an amazing friend who, when we showed up at their house for lunch and fellowship,  had decorated and put out cute plates and napkins and even let me bum some frosting for the chocolate cake I managed to whip up last minute! Deacon was as happy as can be and non the wiser :) 

It took some coaxing to get him to try the cake (mommy had to stick a frosted finger in his mouth) but once he got a taste, his eyes lit up and he dove in! 

This little cutie is a source of constant joy to our family! I sure wish I could press pause and keep him this way, but with every month he gets cuter and more fun. He has such a great personality. He's nearly always happy, super friendly, has a great giggle (and growl) and is ALL boy! He loves to wrestle his daddy, tour the neighborhood with his adopted "uncle," chow down on Indian food, snuggle his mamma and be included in whatever crazy play his brothers and sister have going on. He's growing so quickly and we love seeing his sweet and funny personality coming out. We love you Deacon Klein! Our little "gooloo-mooloo"! (affection nickname given by his adopted uncle).

"What is this sticky stuff?!?"

"Mom, you've been holding out on me!"

Daddy hogging the cake ;)

Not even close to a sensible family picture, but it was the best we could do :)

Best buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!