I usually do not do much for Valentines Day, other than getting my hubs something small. My birthday happens to be the same day, so I guess that usually becomes the focus of the day. But having kids is making me want to do more for them. Not because I have to, but because I want to take the opportunity to focus on making them feel loved and special.
This year, one of my favorite blogs (see below) gave me this great idea for extending Valentine's day from Feb.1-14. You basically cut out these cute hearts and write something you love about that person on the heart. There is one for each day leading up to Valentines day.
I started it tonight and the boys both seemed really happy. Giving "cards" is Jackson's love language. Just the act of handing him a heart shaped card (that he saw me make earlier) and saying it was for him, put a huge smile on his face. Every time his dad or I go out of town, he promises to make us a card while we are gone. And making cards and scanning and emailing them to family is his favorite way to show someone he misses and loves them.
I made little envelopes out of construction paper (nothing fancy at all) and put their names on them. We hung them up on their wardrobe before bed and I explained that I'll put one in their everyday until Valentines day. Hudson's reaction was "Oh thanks for the mail-time mommy!" (his favorite show is Blues Clues)
Here is the link to the blog if you want to check it out. She always has cute and free printables to offer.
Jones Design Company- How do I love thee
This year, one of my favorite blogs (see below) gave me this great idea for extending Valentine's day from Feb.1-14. You basically cut out these cute hearts and write something you love about that person on the heart. There is one for each day leading up to Valentines day.
I started it tonight and the boys both seemed really happy. Giving "cards" is Jackson's love language. Just the act of handing him a heart shaped card (that he saw me make earlier) and saying it was for him, put a huge smile on his face. Every time his dad or I go out of town, he promises to make us a card while we are gone. And making cards and scanning and emailing them to family is his favorite way to show someone he misses and loves them.
I made little envelopes out of construction paper (nothing fancy at all) and put their names on them. We hung them up on their wardrobe before bed and I explained that I'll put one in their everyday until Valentines day. Hudson's reaction was "Oh thanks for the mail-time mommy!" (his favorite show is Blues Clues)
Here is the link to the blog if you want to check it out. She always has cute and free printables to offer.
Jones Design Company- How do I love thee
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!