Probably one of the things I was most grateful for at Christmas, was the fact that I was not dying to leave S.Asia when it came time for our visa run! Unlike last time, I was really looking forward to the rest and fun with friends (and the meat that moo's) but I wasn't about to explode from cultural stress leading up to take off. (Well, minus one 'highway pit-stop bathroom incident' on the way to the airport, where I chewed a lady out for pushing and shoving me and my son to cut in "line").
It was such a refreshing time away, a needed break to a milder culture, some good comfort food, sweet fellowship with friends, beautiful scenery, lots of out-door fun for the kids, and shopping for mommy! But, I was actually not fighting back tears on the plane ride home, and was looking forward to returning home! I came back so refreshed and excited for all that God has in store for us this year, the work He has for us to do, and the new chapter of life in S. Asia minus formal language school. (Insert some hoops and hollers here!) But what 2013 has in store for us is a 'whole-nother' blog entry to write.
Back to Thailand... I could go on and on, but to spare you, I will give our TOP 10 of What We Love Most About Thailand to put our trip in a nut-shell and to show lots of pictures. (These are in no particular order of importance b/c they all rock!)
#10 Elephants! The boys loved feeding the baby elephants the most.
#6-Indoor playgrounds! They are in abundance and are cheap. I tried hard not to covet these and just be grateful that our city finally has a few.
#5-Hot Dogs & "King Burger" (aka- Burger King)
#4-Donuts! (Sorry we ate all these too fast to take pictures)
#3-Candy, Fresh cut cheap fruit by the road, Cherry Coke & Soda Manoa
#2-Seeing our friends, the Tidwells...why in the world do I not have any pictures??? Probably b/c we were too busy chatting, eating, and shopping! We'll just have to come back ASAP!
#1-Happy kids & Great family memories!
It was such a refreshing time away, a needed break to a milder culture, some good comfort food, sweet fellowship with friends, beautiful scenery, lots of out-door fun for the kids, and shopping for mommy! But, I was actually not fighting back tears on the plane ride home, and was looking forward to returning home! I came back so refreshed and excited for all that God has in store for us this year, the work He has for us to do, and the new chapter of life in S. Asia minus formal language school. (Insert some hoops and hollers here!) But what 2013 has in store for us is a 'whole-nother' blog entry to write.
Back to Thailand... I could go on and on, but to spare you, I will give our TOP 10 of What We Love Most About Thailand to put our trip in a nut-shell and to show lots of pictures. (These are in no particular order of importance b/c they all rock!)
#10 Elephants! The boys loved feeding the baby elephants the most.
![]() |
| Oh I wish I knew what was going on inside Hudson's head here. |
![]() |
| That baby elephant kept giving me vacuum suction-wet-stinky kisses on the cheek! |
![]() |
| Oh yeah, taking a bath!
#9- Zoos!
|
![]() |
| "Look mom, turtles!" |
![]() |
| Petting a pony with sweet friends. |
#6-Indoor playgrounds! They are in abundance and are cheap. I tried hard not to covet these and just be grateful that our city finally has a few.
#5-Hot Dogs & "King Burger" (aka- Burger King)
#4-Donuts! (Sorry we ate all these too fast to take pictures)
#3-Candy, Fresh cut cheap fruit by the road, Cherry Coke & Soda Manoa
#2-Seeing our friends, the Tidwells...why in the world do I not have any pictures??? Probably b/c we were too busy chatting, eating, and shopping! We'll just have to come back ASAP!
#1-Happy kids & Great family memories!




















Love it! So glad you got to go! Totally makes me want to take the boys to visit one of our favorite places!! The elephants reminded me of the time we all went and an elephant kept trying to take a banana from Kit. I laughed so hard that day...great memories!
ReplyDelete