We celebrated our first Christmas in South Asia this year and while it was very different, we still enjoyed it and made the most of every opportunity to celebrate Christ in our family and amongst our friends and neighbors.
One new tradition we've started is having a children's Christmas party in our home for neighborhood kids. It was fun for our kids and a chance to share the true meaning of Christmas with our friends who know little to nothing about Jesus.
We also had a Christmas Eve party in our home with co-workers and American friends, which was a blast. Our families were greatly missed but we are so thankful that God has given us spiritual brothers and sisters to make us feel more at home here.
I also had an in-prompt Christmas party at a girls home near my house that I've started visiting. These girls, mostly orphans, are precious and were so thrilled to eat our poorly decorated Christmas sugar cookies and to enjoy the rare treat of Fanta and Coke! Thanks to my sister, we also had some nativity scene bookmarks for them to color, and while I was unsure if they'd like it at first (because many of them are over 10), they all LOVED it and spent 45 minutes decorating their book marks. Even the two "mammas" of the house joined in and turned it into a contest to see whose was the best.
 |
| Excited about his new drum and puzzles |
 |
| sugaring up those cookies as much as he could |
 |
| Hudson basically ate sprinkles, frosting, and Fanta all night |
 |
| Proud of himself for finishing the puzzel. Thanks aunt Nini & uncle Jerry! |
 |
| A happy and grateful boy on Christmas morning. |
I have so much to be thankful for this season. We're feeling more adjusted to life here, I passed my language exam, our kids are healthy and happy, we have good friends and a fulfilling job. But most of all I've felt a full heart of gratitude for my Savior whom has given us reason to celebrate. And I'm praying that here, in our new home, His name was glorified and His fame made known amongst those who need to hear of Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!