Today I finished a 9 week study (which took me more than 3 months to do :) ) called Believing God (Beth Moore). It was really timely in my life and even though it took me a few months to complete, it's imparted truths in my life that have forever changed my thinking.
This season of our life has been characterized by a whole lot of waiting, foremost through our adoption process. Waiting is hard ya'll! I know you all know this to be true, from your own personal experiences. I'm finding that the hardest way to wait, is when you don't see the end in sight and you are so out of control of the circumstances. That is the most challenging for me, because I'm a go-getter and a do-er. Not a 'sit around and let things happen to me' kind of person. Sometimes that's a strength, and sometimes it's a weakness because it inhibits my need to slow down and wait upon the Lord. I want this whole adoption process to be "of the Lord" because He set the desire in our hearts in the first place. I want Him to be glorified and honored through the whole process; by our attitudes, our faith, and our praise over His provision.
We've been in the adoption process for a year now. Specifically, 10 months of waiting for a 'referral'. We're really right on track for our agency & country's program but I've been thinking this whole time, "Surely we won't have to wait that long. They say 3-12 months, so maybe 6 max." But I'm learning, it's best to expect things to go longer then projected and for bumps to come up along the way. And not to view them as "bumps" but rather, curve balls. And while we were surprised, God wasn't. He knew long before we were born: how many days we would wait to become parents of this child, what challenges we'd go through along the way, and He knew His divine purposes in allowing us to go through those challenges. Namely, to form our character.
I'm choosing to Believe God in the present-active-participle way, which means daily, (sometimes hourly) choosing to believe He will bring to completion that which He's called us to.
I'm choosing to believe James 1:4 that says to let steadfastness have it's full effect that we will be complete, lacking in nothing. I know God has a million purposes in calling our family to adopt. And it will be an adventure learning of some of them along the way. I'm seeing already that part of His purpose is to grow our belief, faith, and trust in Him. His timing, His ways, His sovereignty and His provision. Having children (no matter how they come into your family) is far from easy but it provides endless opportunities to shape us into who God wants us to be. That's my prayer today, that God will continue to shape our characters so we can be grateful for the "waiting" which is not without purpose or effect. Will you stop for a moment and please pray for us to live this out while we wait and for the well-being our child.
This season of our life has been characterized by a whole lot of waiting, foremost through our adoption process. Waiting is hard ya'll! I know you all know this to be true, from your own personal experiences. I'm finding that the hardest way to wait, is when you don't see the end in sight and you are so out of control of the circumstances. That is the most challenging for me, because I'm a go-getter and a do-er. Not a 'sit around and let things happen to me' kind of person. Sometimes that's a strength, and sometimes it's a weakness because it inhibits my need to slow down and wait upon the Lord. I want this whole adoption process to be "of the Lord" because He set the desire in our hearts in the first place. I want Him to be glorified and honored through the whole process; by our attitudes, our faith, and our praise over His provision.
We've been in the adoption process for a year now. Specifically, 10 months of waiting for a 'referral'. We're really right on track for our agency & country's program but I've been thinking this whole time, "Surely we won't have to wait that long. They say 3-12 months, so maybe 6 max." But I'm learning, it's best to expect things to go longer then projected and for bumps to come up along the way. And not to view them as "bumps" but rather, curve balls. And while we were surprised, God wasn't. He knew long before we were born: how many days we would wait to become parents of this child, what challenges we'd go through along the way, and He knew His divine purposes in allowing us to go through those challenges. Namely, to form our character.
I'm choosing to Believe God in the present-active-participle way, which means daily, (sometimes hourly) choosing to believe He will bring to completion that which He's called us to.
I'm choosing to believe James 1:4 that says to let steadfastness have it's full effect that we will be complete, lacking in nothing. I know God has a million purposes in calling our family to adopt. And it will be an adventure learning of some of them along the way. I'm seeing already that part of His purpose is to grow our belief, faith, and trust in Him. His timing, His ways, His sovereignty and His provision. Having children (no matter how they come into your family) is far from easy but it provides endless opportunities to shape us into who God wants us to be. That's my prayer today, that God will continue to shape our characters so we can be grateful for the "waiting" which is not without purpose or effect. Will you stop for a moment and please pray for us to live this out while we wait and for the well-being our child.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!