October 18, 2012

Potty Training Diaries

Today we officially started potting training Hudson. I didn't have it planned out to do so, I just decided to go for it since he brought it up the day before all by himself. I figured that was "some" interest in doing it, so maybe he was ready. I sure am ready for it to be done, but haven't felt too motivated to get it started. So far, so good. He actually has done surprisingly better then I thought. He only had 3 "peep" accidents, as he calls them. He's still working on the correct terminology and all. I won't give more details because I know no one but "nana" cares to hear so I'll just share a few cute this he said and funny things he did. Yes, I totally bribed this child, as he is a candy addict and I don't feel badly about it at all. It was great motivation for him as he cares nothing about being a "big boy". (He's quite a momma's boy). Every time he succeeded he would growl, "I go poopy in da potty! yeah!" and when I cheered him on and said "good job I'm so proud of you" he'd say, "you're welcome mommy!" I was grateful so I guess that is an appropriate response. One of the funniest moments was when I found him in the kitchen with the fridge door open and he exclaimed "I need to go poo poo" but had already peed all inside the fridge! Thankfully it didn't get on any food :) I'll leave with that gross thought and spare you any more details. It is very precious to see your child go from 'being afraid of something' to 'proud of his own sucess'. I guess that's why it was deemed blog worthy, even if it was TMI for most people :) 
Showing off his new under roos! 

When he saw the pictures on my phone he said, "that's Jackson" he is right, they look a lot alike here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!