June 16, 2012

First day of school...really?

I can't believe I'm sending my 3 1/2 year old off to school everyday now! This wasn't my ideal desire, but for this stage in our life (namely both mom and dad in full-time language learning mode) it is proving to be a real blessing for our family. He's only going 2 hours in the morning but it will turn to 3 in a few weeks. He's in "lower Kindergarten" which means he will be writing letters and reading small words by the end of it. We've been trying to get him ready and he already knows the all and the phonetic sounds. The writing is slowly coming.

Getting ready!
Jackson is loving it so far. He thrives in routine and is so outgoing and extraverted, that this is a really fun out-let for him. Plus, he's 3 going on 16 and thinks he's a big kid anyway, so of course he wants to go to school like all the other kids in our building. Check out this cute little uniform! It's like cub-scouts gone plaid!

Mom, why are you making me take pictures?
Ok, I'll strike a pose!



Man this bag is getting heavy!

Consoling Hudson who cried when he  realized he couldn't go too.

1 comment:

  1. This is precious!! I miss you guys and you have a BEAUTIFUL family.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!