June 21, 2012

Father's Day Fun

Kit's first Father's day here was a busy one. We've been attending a church of our friend's that is about an hour away from us. There is an orphanage close to the church and all the kids come. We've grown quite attached to the kids and were out late Saturday night playing soccer with the boys. We were supposed to teach Sunday school so we all dragged ourselves out of bed and back across town, stopping and picking up 3 loads of people, packing out our borrowed suv. I was even sitting in Hudson's car seat while holding him! Not exactly what that seat was designed for, but it works here.

After church, we made the long trip back dropping off all our friends along the way. Thankfully the boys napped in the car the whole ride back b/c it was already mid afternoon. We then headed to the other side of the city to treat daddy to some Chili's and a movie. This is the second time we've taken the kids to the movies and they've done great both times. It's fun to go out and do this together as this is one of mine and Kit's favorite outings to do. We were all plenty tired at the end of the day and I think Kit had a nice father's day.

The boys and I sure love their dad! God has really blessed us with an amazing man in our life. I'm so grateful for him, and to his mom who brought up such a wonderful man! She also gave him his affectionate nature that is being passed down to our boys. I am so glad my boys have such an awesome example of a man of God and loving husband/dad.



I did managed to get them into dress shirts and take a picture or two. I think they are a handsome group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!