April 28, 2012

Hudson's 2!!! I can't believe it!

This has been birthday week for Hudson turning the big #2! Tuesday we celebrated as best we could (mommy was still under the weather) with a pancake breakfast accompanied with presents and a Skype call with Nanna and aunt Kirstie. We had a pretty low-key day of language class while the boys played and rode bikes then took a good birthday nap. Then we tried out a local garden/park/sad mini carnival called Empress Park. I wasn't too thrilled with the level of safety measures of the playground equipment and mini carnival rides, but the boys had a blast on the things we deemed "safe enough looking" :) I'll have to put up pics of the rides from my phone later. They give the anual C-bad carnival a run for it's money :) After that, we had Hudson's favorite dinner of spicy popcorn chicken at KFC, Baskin Robins for dessert, and a go at the nice (safe & clean) brand new playground at the mall! Mom was super excited to find this gem! Gives me one more good reason to frequent the mall :) It was a nice day and I think Hudson felt special.

All week long he kept asking about his "chocolate birthday cake." He woke up in the morning asking about it. He woke up from nap, daily asking about it. Needless to say he was excited to have a chocolate birthday cake and I felt bad every time I had to tell him he had to wait until Saturday. I've really been stressing over what to do for his birthday and kind of putting it off because I've felt so bad lately. We decided to do a simple party at home and invite all the boys little friends from our building and other expats here in town. It turned out really well. The kids seemed to have fun and enjoy the food, especially cake and ice cream.

Jackson working the power tools while Maggie played animals. 

Claudia, Mason, & Tucker. 3 of Hudson's heros.

Joshita & Inesh (sweet sister & brother) Mason & Hudson

Blowing out his candles! He got one on his own.

Sweet "Cookie"! She's such a cute little girl and full of personality.

Anika & Oman The only two kids we've met in our society that speak the language we're learning :)

Girls had a hang out in the tent. At another time they had 5 in here.

We are so blessed to have this little boy in our life (both our boys) and can't believe he's already 2! These past 2 years have flown by and he is suddenly not a baby anymore. His words are blooming like crazy, especially in this last month. He's now speaking in sentences even if only his parents and brother understand him most of the time. He's starting to show more personality with each day and we are enjoying seeing him blossom into a little person. Thank you God for allowing us be his parents! What a blessing it is! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!