September 23, 2015

First Birthday... Ever

Shortly after Jeremiah and Tirzah came home, we had Hudson's birthday and then their dad's. Since then, they've been asking non-stop when their "happy birthday" is. When I asked her what kind of birthday she wanted and what kind of cake, without hesitation, she said she wanted a Princess Sofia party with a purple cake, yellow frosting and 'fire' on top. After months of counting down, Tirzah's finally came (thankfully Jeremiah's is soon after!) A week before her birthday, she and I were having one of our many outings to the hospital and during our chai break she exclaimed, "mom you know it's my first birthday ever!?!" Now, if the excitement and joy behind that statement doesn't make your heart want to burst, nothing will!

And making it extra special, was a surprise visit from grandpa! The day before he came, she lamented to me, "mom, I want my happy birthday to be in America. I only have one friend in India." So the surprise visit from grandpa coinciding with her birthday was very welcomed!

After only being home 5 months, her English is really great! I am so excited I could do a birthday interview with her. She understood every question and answered with much excitement. She LOVES to talk and tell people what she thinks. Enjoy getting to know our sweet girl a little better...
How old are you? "4"
How does it feel to be 4? "fine"
Did you have a good birthday? "yes"
What was your favorite thing about your birthday? "my big sophia so I can play with her hair and make something on her hair."
Who is your best friend? "Abigail"
What is your favorite thing to do? "ask for dessert and eat corn and chicken and pepperoni pizza and watch Sophia TV. And eat biscuits and play outside riding the bike in rain. And my dad sings for me at night time. And my mom let me have dessert...that's all I like."
What do you miss about Kinshasa? "Jasmine and Vicki" "and Gracia and Divine"
What makes you the happiest? "mommy and daddy and my brothers Jackson and Hudson and Jeremiah and Deacon."
What do you miss about America? "my family, Sarah, and Noah"
When you grow up, what do you want to be? "A king...a queen!"
What do you like to do with mommy? "play with your hair and do exercise with you and you and me lay day and you read book for me and sing song."
What is your favorite color? "yellow and purple"
Do you like living in India? "yeah"
What do you like about India? "swimming at hotel and eat at hotel and go play outside with my brother and go run with my mom."
What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far? "God, colors, know God and I don't know."
What is your nickname? "chusa, messy moo, sweetie, and babe and you are my baby! That's what you call me, right? And honey."
What is your favorite book? "my sophia book I got for my happy birthday and 'That Sam I Am, that Sam I am' and my sophia stickers book, and that book that my mom is gonna come soon and I can't sleep." (The Best Family in the World)
Do you think you'll ever get married? "Yeah, I gonna marry a king."
Do you want to have kids? "Yeah, I want to have Sophia."
Are you scared of anything? "yeah. I was scary of bad guy. No, I don't scare, my God is with me! I don't scare with anything, God can help me! I not afraid of everything, my God is with me. He can move him away! I am afraid of snakes too. I am afraid of big, big snake!"
If you had a whole day to do whatever you want, what would you do? "um, obey my parents? I gonna get dessert by myself and obey my mom and go in a car and buy something for all of us and go play outside by myself and go upstairs and lay on my bed and play with mommy's phone."

Here are a few pics of her special day:
Our little princess

Mommy and her princess

Tirzah and her sweet friends

Deacon and Jackson 

Princess Grandpa! Tirzah told him when we were eating out one afternoon, "Grandpa, you know I love you?"

Hudson being silly

Enjoying their Pepperoni pizza and corn-her favorites! 

Tirzah helped me make her purple cake with yellow frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!