Wednesdays are "art" day in our house. The one day of the week I can use this sweet leverage to get homeschool started and finished on time, because our neighbor-friend comes over to do art with us. Most weeks, it works out this way, although lately it's been skipped too often b/c of sickness or our family traveling. I love letting the boys paint and create, but I am not good at thinking up projects to do. We I bought a dvd this year called The Home Art Studio, and there is one for each grade level. It's perfect b/c she is a sweet teacher who walks them through the whole project and includes a simple one page lesson plan for mom to see what supplies she needs...the morning of :) I enjoy just facilitating this and watching them enjoy creating. Here are a few samples of what they've made this year.
| Learning about primary and secondary colors |
| I love how J and H are making the same faces in this pic |
| Making Sunflowers like Van Gough |
| Water color geometric trains |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!