November 4, 2013

Birthday Boy turns 5!

I'm the proud mamma of a 5 year old now! And boy can I say I like 5! J has seemed to mature a lot in the past few months and I am really enjoying him at 5 (although I say that every stage). I told him he can just stop growing now and freeze at 5 because I love him like this...but he told me that's not the way it works and that he has to grow up! Well I'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts and I'm sure when 6 comes around, I'll feel the same way.

Daddy was away most of his actual birthday, so mommy and little brother tried our best to make it extra special. We did whatever j wanted. We hit up the mall, road the remote control cars, ate junk food, splurged on Baskin Robins, road the motorcycle games at the arcade, and then ended the day by meeting daddy at Hard Rock Cafe. He was one happy kid to see his daddy. That topped the day off and he couldn't stop smiling all through dinner. Said it was his "best birthday ever!" quite a few times.

The next morning we had a small party with some sweet friends to celebrate and play games. We enjoyed real pork sausage dogs (such a treat in S. Asia!), played archery (thanks to Nini and Jerry!), twister, frisbie golf, and munched on caramel apples and apple cake (birthday boys special request). It turned into an all day party as our Indian friends showed up once most the Americans were gone (India standard time), but it made the whole day fun. Jackson enjoyed the extra long birthday this year and was one happy kiddo!

Cotton candy ice cream-takes after his daddy!
Man after my own heart, mint and chocolate!

Setting up the archery at his birthday party

Daddy, showing them how its done...or just hogging the game?

Happy boy with his special request-apple cake.


I love this kid like crazy! (He's a full blown KID now! Crazy)

SO happy to have daddy home on his birthday. It's a shame they look nothing alike :) 

Hudson and Maggie waiting for their terms while Isaac shows them how it's done.

Hudson gave it a good shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!