March 16, 2013

Love Lavished

The Lord shows His love for us in many ways. His payment for our sins, His unending patience towards us, His mercy towards us by which family and country we were born into...and like every good Father, He shows His love with gifts sometimes. Man, have we felt loved this week!

Not only did I have my earthly father here with me, lavishing his sweet gifts on my kids and me, but the whole week we have received daily updates of how the Lord's been leading friends and family to give sweet gifts towards our adoption costs! My heart is so full it is about to burst! I can't 'thank you' all enough, nor can I thank Him enough for His goodness towards His children.

Adoption expenses can stress the most laid-back person out to the max! It's a lot of money and while sometimes it doesn't seem fare or right, it kind of makes sense. Everything worth having has a high cost. Giving birth to your children costs you physically, financially, emotionally. Becoming a parent no matter the form your child enters your family- is costly. And it's oh so worth it! But we serve a God who has storehouses full of all the resources we need! And yet, instead of raining it down from heaven, He tends to use His children to be the givers of what is truly His, so they too can experience the blessings of the Father.

When I see my sons give their money (which I gave them) to a beggar on the street, or take some pizza (which I bought him) to a hungry child with her face planted up against the glass window...the child is blessed, my son is joyful, and I am a proud parent. In my prayers of thanksgiving that are overflowing right now, I'm praying for all you "givers", that you would feel joyful and blessed by God to have been used to show His love towards us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!