January 18, 2012

Our long awaited journey arrives!

We are in full-packing mode now! The packing has been much easier this time since we never fully unpacked from this last move. The real trial is trying to prepare ourselves for our 33 hours of travel with two small children. They seem very excited to go and Jackson is most looking forward to riding a plane (I doubt that novelty will last long) and to seeing a camel! Hudson enjoyes helping me pack (and unpack :) ) and is gearing himself up for learning Marathi by watching these cute, catchy, animated Marathi songs that a new friend gave us. I'm hoping in a year from now we'll all be able to understand the catchy tunes and sing along.

We are really excited with a dash of "anxious" thrown in there. It's really hard to believe that after 2 1/2 years of praying, planning, preparing, packing, and some other big P words, we're finally going to S. Asia! We are so excited to get set up in a home of our own. I'm especially excited about this because after 6 years of being married, it will be my first home to pick out and furnish/decorate! The idea of being able to unpack and not have to repack everything we own, for an indefinite period of time, sounds wonderful too! We can get on to more important things like learning a new language. We are super excited about learning Marathi and pray we'll be decent at it and not easily frustrated.


We've had a memorable time in Vancouver and have been stretched enough that it should make a positive difference in our next move and adjustment period. The boys have loved being here and there's been no shortage of fun things for them to do. But I'm excited to see their reactions to S. Asia and see it become their new home. I know in a few years it will be all Hudson knows as "familiar" and will hopefully feel like home to Jackson too. I'm so thankful they are at such a sponge-like age and that they'll make friends quickly and soak up the language. Knowing their personalities, I don't think finding friends will be a challenge. Jackson could make friends with a rock!

We leave January 21-Please pray for an  uneventful and restful trip (esp. for the kids). I hope that in just a few days we'll be able to update you on how much we love our new home!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the ride! We always said that if we could make that trip around the world with our two babies, we could do anything. We almost failed by loosing our passports on the leg from Frankfurt to Delhi... so don't loose your passports!! : ) I still can't believe we did that! God had our back, though. Excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys, and very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be praying for you as well as all the others who will be making their next journey to their new lands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you guys! We love you!
    P.S. I like the new look for your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asking for you and so excited to hear the next chapter of your story! Be patient with yourselves as you begin studying language--it will come, and you will eventually be able to communicate--I PROMISE! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!