Mighty Machines Dancing 1
Mighty Machines Dancing 2
Jackson has also become my little Sous Chef in the last week. Through interviewing him on his birthday, we learned that he most enjoys golfing with Daddy (we already knew that b/c he talks about it all the time) and cooking with Mommy. I was really surprised and a little convicted by this because its been quite a while since I've let him help me in the kitchen without acting like he was making things harder. So, I've been making a conscience effort to let him help me bake some fun treats for snack time at our school. I am really glad I did that birthday interview b/c it gave me a little insight into his thoughts and what he really enjoys doing to spend quality time with his parents. I think I should do that every 6 months or so and adjust the questions. Since we are going through so many transitions this year and will be going through more in a couple months, I often wonder what he's really thinking and how he's handling these changes. I'd like to come up with some age-appropriate questions to ask that will help me understand how he's really doing with all the changes. We made pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting (my Fall weather favorite!) and tried a new recipe to make some pumpkin-carrot cream cheese swirl bars. They were SO good! We'll have to make these a traditional treat as well.
| My little Sous Chef in action. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!