October 27, 2010

Happy Day!

We celebrated Jackson turning 2 this past weekend with a small Chuggington party! If you haven't seen this new train show, it is so cute and Jackson's absolute favorite thing to watch. It is the only show he really sits down to watch because he is currently fascinated with trains, firetrucks, planes, cars, and tractors. What a guy's guy huh?

Kit's mom, sister, and brother traveled near and far to join us. My amazing sister Nicole, made three adorable train cakes. She's unbelievable with her cake talent! Jackson recognized each train by name and when Nana ate Koko's head, he sweetly claimed, "Oh no, Koko!" Since he was given a train set with the "real" Koko in it, he quickly recovered from the disappointment. Instead of saying "Happy birthday" or just "birthday", he kept exclaiming it was his "Happy Day!" So precious! I can't believe how much he is talking now. He still has his moments of pure jibber jabber (that I wish I could understand because he's very expressive and tries so hard) but mostly he is speaking in clear, if not short, sentences. It is so amazing to see this littler person developing right before your eyes. I think my love grows for him every day (if it is even possible that I could love him more!)

He's so excited for Hudson (bubba) to play with him and is getting a bit rough in his attempts to make it happen. Although I don't blame him for not understanding. His little brother is nearly his size after all! Hudson is 6 months now (we didn't have a 1/2 birthday party, poor kid gets gypped again!) and weighs 22.6 lbs! He's in the 95th percentile for his age and is about to crawl any day now. He's developing much faster physically than Jackson did. I guess he's in a hurry to get to play with Jackson too. So far he handles the big brother laying on top of him, forcing pacies in his mouth, and ramming his head into Hudson's just fine. He thinks everything Jackson does is funny and entertaining. Something tells me it won't be long before this changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!