December 2, 2008

Learning to Smile

Jackson is over 5 weeks now, and has traded in those sleepy-time grins for real gurgling smiles when he is wide awake. It is so fun for us to see him developing in these small ways because we're seeing glimpses of his personality coming to life. The best part of his smiles, is the timing in which he chooses to give them. One of the best smiles I (Stacy) have received was after tickling him to stay awake while he was eating, he grinned really big, gave a little giggle, and let a mouth full of milk go all over himself. Another one was after he had been screaming from his bed and I went in to put the pacifier in his mouth, he instantly stopped crying and gave me a very mischievous grin like he was proud of the control he has over me. And the best grin so far came at 4am, right after he sprayed poo-poo all over me while I tried to change his diaper. He was either smiling because it was funny, or because it felt good to get that out. Probably the latter. I did not think it was possible for him to get any cuter, but I must admit he is even more so while he's grinning. Here is a picture and some video of him grinning at the couch for no apparent reason.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!